Try this delicious Chicken Florentine Pesto Pasta using Pasta Joy pasta.
Florentine is a fancy name for foods served with spinach. Take your pesto pasta a notch by adding spinach and grilled chicken as a side, you’ll be easily transported to an Italian countryside cafe!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or chilli oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 250g Pasta Joy linguine pasta
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water until done, roughly 8 minutes. Pasta must be al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add pesto, onion, spinach and salt and pepper. Cook about five minutes, or until onions are soft. Swirl in cream and bring to a slight boil.
- Add pasta into the pot and swirl around in pesto sauce until coated. Adjust seasoning and stir in grated cheese. Serve alongside grilled chicken breasts