Let’s be honest. Laundry day is not a favourite day for most of us. Yes, we want clean clothes, but actually doing the laundry. Pass. But there is, apparently, a National Laundry Day … and it’s today! So it’s the perfect time to look at doing the laundry with less dread and more interest.
Instead of thinking of laundry as a chore, why not turn it into ‘me time’. How? Well, brand manager for laundry brand Personal Touch Sarah Webb gave us a few ideas.
- If you’ve been looking for time to start a new book or listen to a podcast, but there’s just never the time, why not download the audio book or the podcast, pop in your earphones and listen while sorting through the washing?
- Claim the TV for folding time. Put off watching an episode of your favourite television programme until it is time to fold your laundry. The distraction will make the folding go quicker.
- This is the time to think through anything that may be bothering you. The monotony involved with doing the laundry can work a method to clear your mind and help you think.
- Don’t want to waste time between washing loads? Use the time to do your exercise for the day. Choose a theme song, in the spirit of Rocky and Eye of the Tiger, and workout while your clothing stains are being worked out.
- Catch up with that friend you keep promising to get in contact with. Life can get very busy, and there is not always enough time to take or make a call, but since laundry day is your me time, pop your phone onto speaker or handsfree, or dial up on Facetime, and use it to connect with friends and family.
Since we’re talking laundry, there’s a new product we think is worth raving about … Personal Touch has a great range of all you need, but the newly launched Auto Washing powder sheets are fabulous … particularly since they work brilliantly but take up no space in the laundry cupboard.
Also look out for the Increda-Peg hang and hook 100 per cent recycled pegs. Can. Not. Believe. We’re raving about pegs … but they’re locally made, spring and rust free, and are arthritis friendly.