With the economy looking the way it does right now, dismal, we’re finding that we aren’t able to splurge on the ‘nice to haves’ as much as we’d like to.
Luckily, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keeping your skin healthy and beautiful does not always mean having to spend large sums of money on the latest skincare products.
Su-Marie Annandale brand manager for Clere skincare adds that there are many simple, affordable, and easy elements that you can add into your health and skincare routines that will work towards beautiful looking skin.
She shares the following tips:
- Taking care of your skin from the inside out is very important and the first step is to ensure that you are well hydrated. Be mindful that you are drinking enough water throughout the day.
- Exfoliate regularly, ideally twice a week, to remove dead skin cells from your body and leave your skin prepped and ready to absorb moisturiser. Creating your own body scrub is cost-effective and you can make it to suit your skin concerns by adding either of the following to your body lotion or crème: Salt will help relax your muscles, sugar is gentler on the skin, ground coffee has the benefit of caffeine to constrict blood vessels and oatmeal is the gentlest exfoliant to soften and hydrate the skin. Add your favourite essential oils to help relax, soothe, or energise. Once finished applying rinse off in the shower.
- Avoid baths that are too hot as this can dry out your skin.
- Apply a nourishing body lotion or crème, ideally to your slightly damp skin. Clere’s range of crèmes and lotions consist of four unique formulations to suit all skin needs: Pure Glycerine Crème, Triple Glycerine, Tissue oil and Pure Glycerine and Glycerine Gel. All four formulations provide 48-hour moisturisation and contain Vitamins E & A which are gentle, yet effective.
- Lastly, sleep is vital. It is called ‘beauty sleep’ for a reason. When you sleep your body has time to repair and recover. Not only will you wake up with a glowing complexion, but you will also encourage your body to generate collagen, which helps fight wrinkles.
Shop Clere’s affordable range of crèmes and lotions at your nearest leading retailer.