Salads that are a complete meal are such a perfect warm weather lunchtime treat. This salad offers juicy subtle sweetness in the form of roasted peaches dusted with the new Tastebud Caramel spice. Umami richness appears care of thin slices of prosciutto. Add crunchy green leaves and herbs, pops of festive red pomegranate and a light vinaigrette and it’s our idea of happy on a plate.
You can make the roasted caramel peaches under your grill, but why not take it outside to the braai grid?
It’s summer after all!
- 4 peaches, apricots or nectarines, halved and stones removed
- Cape Herb & Spice Tastebud Caramel spice
- 2 Tblsps melted butter
- A packet of prosciutto
- A selection of green leaves and herbs
- Pomegranate rubies
- 2 Tblsps olive oil
- 2 Tblsps neutral vegetable oil like avocado or canola
- 2 Tblsps red wine vinegar
- Half Tblsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Paint fruit with melted butter, dust liberally with Caramel spice and place under a hot grill or cut side down on a braai grid until caramelised.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk oil, vinegar and pomegranate molasses together, add a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
Dress the leaves and plate up with the warm peaches and prosciutto.