‘We’d like to suggest something a little scandalous in 2021 – the end of New Year’s resolutions,’ says Candice Sessions, marketing manager for Joekels, makers of Tetley Green Tea.
‘No more punishments, no more body shaming, no more setting unattainable goals and feeling despondent when we can’t achieve them. We’d like to suggest something even more radical – self-care.’
So how would you begin? The team at Tetley Green Tea share seven practical self-care tips:
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Organise a walk around the neighbourhood or in a safe public space with a loved one … good for the body and the soul!
- Drink a glass of water or cup of green tea before each meal to prevent over-eating.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day with water or homemade green iced tea.
- Add just one cup of green tea to your daily diet to reap the many health benefits.
- Have a bubble bath or read a book instead of mindlessly scrolling through social media.
- Add a healthy twist to your favourite dishes.
Candice adds, ‘It takes 21 days to form a new habit, but when the new habit you’re trying to form is completely unachievable, you’re setting yourself up for failure from the start.’
The brand has launched the #Tetley21DayChallenge to help you achieve your self-care goals.
To get started, add one cup of Tetley Green Tea to your daily routine for 21 days – whether it’s in a smoothie, iced tea or enjoy it hot.
Details: Find some Tetley Green Tea recipes on joekels.co.za
Social links: FB: @TetleyTeaSA; Insta: @ tetleyteasa