If you’ve been craving something sweet, you’re going to love this easy and simply scrumptious recipe as much as we do!
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking & Setting time: 4 hours
500 ml (2 cups) full-cream milk
500 ml (2 cups) fresh cream
4 tbsp gelatine powder, unflavoured
½ cup white sugar
10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
1 cup mixed berries, can be fresh or frozen
⅓ cup white sugar
100 ml water
- In a pot mix the milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla essence.
- Place the milk and cream mixture on the stove and heat while whisking. Keeping at a low heat ensuring that the mixture does not boil.
- Dissolve the gelatine powder as per packet instruction.
- Add the dissolved gelatine to the heated milk and cream and whisk it well.
- Once the panna cotta mixture has heated and the sugar has dissolved divide it into glasses or ramekins. Allow to cool down, then refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours till panna cotta sets.
- Once the panna cotta has chilled and set, pour the berry sauce on top, garnish with fresh berries and mint.
- Mix the berries, water and sugar in a pot and place on the stove.
- Bring the water to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow the berries to simmer and soften for 10 – 15 min.
- Once the berry sauce has reduced and thickened remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool down completely before topping the set panna cotta with the sauce
This recipe is brought to you by Rediscover Dairy, an initiative of the Consumer Education Project of Milk SA.