Whether it’s for yourself and your household, or for guests you’ll be hosting – It’s sometimes difficult to prepare food that’s as healthy as it is delicious.
Luckily, we stumbled upon some winning recipes! These recipes are sugar-free, high protein, vegan and keto and calorie controlled – and tastes amazing.
Peanut butter & vanilla protein cookies
- 80g Instant Protein Porridge
- 20ml milk (2 tbsp)
- 40g Peanut butter
- 20ml maple syrup/honey
If you don’t want to roll cookie dough out, make little balls with your hands and flatten nicely with a fork. You can add choc chips to this recipe!
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix your nut butter, milk and sticky sweetener of choice. If they are not combining, heat mixture up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To that bowl, add your porridge.
- Use your hands to form a dough and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough out to the thickness of a R5 coin between two sheets of baking paper.
- Cut out cookie shapes.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown!
Cherry & vanilla protein smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 20g Vanilla Instant Protein Porridge Premix
- 1 cup milk of choice/water
- Sweetener drops/honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 20g Vegan Brownie Premix (optional)
- Combine 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 20g Vanilla Instant Protein Por ridge premix, sweetener and 1 cup milk or walk to a blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Add ice and blend again.
- Add more milk or ice and blend to desired consistency.
- Add 20g Vegan Brownie Premix and stir through if you want to add a chocolate taste.
- Top with your fav crunchy bits or granola.
Apple & cinnamon protein waffles
- 1 cup Instant Vanilla Protein Porridge
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk of choice
- Additional 30ml milk of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- Ice cream for serving
- In a medium sized bowl add 1 cup Instant Vanilla Protein Porridge
- In a separate bowl whisk 1 egg and add 120ml milk of choice.
- Add milk and egg mixture to the Vanilla Protein Porridge and mix to combine.
- Add 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp cinnamon to the mixture and mix.
- Add your additional 30ml milk of choice and stir until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped apple to the batter and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon batter onto greased waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes making sure it doesn’t burn
- Top with vanilla ice cream and apple slices!