Much like the queen of Pesto Princess, HRH, Kathleen, we’re changing-up the traditional Christmas line-up this year in favour of recipes that we can cook along with the family that will spark joy. These savoury Christmas wreaths tick those two boxes and more. Serve straight from the oven with your favourite dips like their Pesto Princess Hummus and Tzatziki in the centre, you can dip, dunk and raise a glass to you!
1 roll of ready-made puff pastry
3 Tbsp Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto
2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto
230 g cream cheese
100 g goats cheese
50 g olives, chopped
1 egg for egg wash
Choose your favourite dips. We chose Pesto Princess Hummus and Pesto Princess Tzatziki.
Makes 2 small ± 20 cm wreaths
1. Line a baking tray and place the pastry onto the baking paper. Roll out the pastry and cut it into a circular shape. We managed to get two wreaths out of one roll of pastry.
2. Press a small glass in the centre to make a gentle impression on the pastry which you’ll use as a guide. Make four cuts across the circle to create a star in the centre – you will use these flaps to fold over the filling later.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine the goats cheese and cream cheese and mix until soft and spreadable. Add the Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto to the mixture and mix well to combine.
4. Divide the cheese mixture and spread half along the edge of one pastry circle, leaving a 2cm border and the other half on the other pastry circle.
5. Top one with chopped olives, the other with Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto. Take a point from the centre of the star, fold to the outer edge and tuck in. Repeat until all flaps are covering the filling.
6. Egg wash and bake for between 20 and 30 minutes at 180°C until golden and crisp.
Serve with Pesto Princess Hummus and Pesto Princess Tzatziki in the middle and get ready to dip!
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.