During the week, we love our dinners to be comforting due to the weather and quick to whip up in a flash. This delicious Pasta Al Limone by Isla Rechner of Isla’s fits the brief – creamy and indulgent with zesty citrus to balance it out, it is certainly one of our go-to dishes, and we’re sure, once you’ve knocked it out, it will become one of yours too!
Pasta al Limone – serves 4
1 pack fresh or dried fettuccine
1 knob of butter
2 garlic cloves crushed
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup pecorino grated
Salt and black pepper to taste
- First, get a large pot of water onto the heat. Salt the water, don’t be shy you want the water to taste like the Durban surf. Put onto the boil. You want it to be a rolling boil. Place the pasta in and cook according to packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking get started with your sauce.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat. Place butter and once heated add garlic.
- Add lemon zest and herbs cooking for a minute
- Pour in your wine and reduce by half, followed by the cream and lemon juice
- Cook for a few minutes, the acid of the lemon juice will thicken the cream
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce along with the pecorino
- Toss well together divide between four bowl
- Finish off with as much pecorino as you deem fit