You will need:
* Eight soft corn tortillas.
* Three cups chicken broth.
* Four pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts.
* One bay leaf.
* Two sprigs fresh oregano.
* One small onion, quartered.
* Two tablespoons tomato paste.
* Two teaspoons chili powder.
* One teaspoon ground cumin.
* Two cups tomato sauce.
* Two teaspoons hot cayenne pepper sauce.
* A quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon.
* One cup grated cheddar cheese.
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Wrap corn tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
Bring broth to a boil in a sauté pan. Set chicken into broth with bay and oregano and onion. Return to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
Poach chicken in broth for 10 minutes. Remove chicken breasts to a bowl and shred with two forks. Add half a cup of cooking liquid and tomato paste, one teaspoon chilli powder, cumin and salt and work through the chicken using the forks.
Combine the tomato sauce, pepper sauce, cinnamon and half a cup of cheddar cheese, making a sauce.
Remove tortillas from oven and switch on the grill.
Pile chicken mixture into warm tortillas and roll. Line a baking dish with enchiladas, seam side down. Pour the sauce over the chicken enchiladas and top with cheese.
Place in enchiladas in hot oven and grill for five minutes to melt cheese and set enchiladas.