Preparation time 40 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 2 cups orange sweet potato or butternut, cubed and cooked
- 2 cups brown rice/barley/spelt, cooked
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame beans, or fresh peas, blanched
- 2 cups trimmed and roughly chopped sugar snap peas or thinly sliced broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage, spinach, lettuce, or kale (ribs removed)
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and thinly sliced into long strips
- 1 small cucumber, very thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced spring onion
- Lemon wedges
- Sesame seeds
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Divide the rice/veggie mixture and raw veggies into 4 bowls. Arrange cucumber slices around the edge of the bowl. Place a lemon wedge or 2 in each bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and micro herbs.
- When you’re ready to serve, divide the avocado into the bowls. Lightly drizzle with the dressing, squeeze lemon juice over the avocado, followed by a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds and sea salt.
Method for the dressing
- Whizz all ingredients together in a blender, add a couple of tablespoons of cold water if necessary to reach a pouring consistency.
For further information and avo recipes, visit www.avocado.co.za