Makes 2 mason jars
Preparation time 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 60ml (¼ cup) sour cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground paprika
- 1 large potato, boiled and cut into small cubes
Ingredients for the salad
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 10 Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled
- Sesame seeds, toasted to serve
- To make the dressing mix all the ingredients well, except for the potatoes, and then gently mix in the potatoes.
- Divide the potato mixture between two mason jars and start layering the jars with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
If you are planning on having a feast this Heritage Day, here are some delicious recipes courtesy of the South African Poultry Association (SAPA).