Winter is here and the shorter days and the longer nights mean more time to snuggle up and enjoy time with family and friends. It’s the best time to warm up with delicious, comforting homemade meals.
Cooked in the can ensuring sealed-in goodness and the best quality, KOO’s range of Mixed Vegetables in Curry Sauce are versatile, adding extra flavour to any dish. For quick, convenient and deliciously tasty meals, simply add to stews, curries or mince and serve with a side of mashed potato, dumplings or pap.
Warm up this winter and dish up more love with a delicious crusty homemade pie made with KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce. KOO brings delicious, tasty flavours to South African families – breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- 1 pkt. (400g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 50g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (410g) KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce
- 50g (½ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Boil potatoes until done. Add butter to potatoes, season with salt and pepper and mash well until smooth.
- Add KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce and mix with mashed potatoes, add cheese and mix well.
- Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured working surface, using a rolling pin.
- Spoon the vegetable mash onto one half of the pastry sheet, moisten the edges with water. Fold the pastry over the vegetable filling and stick the edges together, pressing down with a fork to seal.
- Brush top of pie with egg wash and transfer pie onto a baking sheet. Bake in oven until pie is golden and flaky.
Serve with chips and a gravy.
KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce retails for approximately R17.99 and is available from retailers and supermarkets across the country. For meal inspiration and delicious recipes visit – www.koo.co.za.