For something a little different and bursting with flavour, fill their tummies with these chicken parcels.
1 can (410g) KOO CREAMED SWEET CORN
1 packet (400g) frozen puff pastry
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
5ml (1 teaspoon) ground coriander
4 thin slices ham
100g button mushrooms – sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
50g butter or margarine
30ml (2 tablespoons) dry white wine, optional
- Melt butter or margarine and fry chicken until for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lightly fry spring onions and mushrooms. Add sweetcorn, wine, coriander and seasoning.
- Roll the pastry out and cut into 4 equal squares. Place a slice of ham in the centre of each square.
- Spread with a spoonful of sauce. Top with chicken and more sauce. Dampen edges and fold corners to the centre, to make a parcel.
- Seal and brush with egg. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
For meal inspiration and scrumptious recipes visit – www.koo.co.za. Join the conversations on: Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/KOOFoodZA/, Twitter : https://twitter.com/KOO_Food and YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCG1Zhh06I1X2jbLkmps7g