Never in our wildest dreams did we think we’d be cooking up a storm in a microwave – until now.
Beyond simply reheating or defrosting food, the NeoChef combines precise temperature control and cooking power to bake, grill and roast almost anything you can think about.
‘Making risotto doesn’t have to be tedious … especially when you do it in the microwave! I let my LG NeoChef do all the hard work for me.’
15-MINUTE SWEETCORN AND CHEDDAR RISOTTO
- 1 Tbs olive oil • 20g butter • 1 onion, finely chopped • 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed • 2 tsp chopped thyme • 1 ½ cups Arborio or risotto rice • 4 cups vegetable stock • 1 tin creamed sweetcorn • 100g mature cheddar, grated • Salt and pepper
- Place the olive oil, butter, onion, garlic and thyme into a large microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on full power for two minutes.
- Add the rice and two cups of stock, stir well, then return to the microwave for three minutes on full power.
- Stir in the creamed sweetcorn and return to the microwave for 6 minutes, stirring after three minutes.
- Stir in the remaining stock and cheese, then return to the microwave for another two minutes.
- Leave to rest for two minutes, then stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve.
Although this microwave risotto only takes 15 minutes to make, there’s no sacrificing flavour here – the result is a deliciously creamy, cheesy and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.
Another winner from Zola? Her one-pan spicy roast chicken dinner is perfect for those rushed weeknights when you have no idea what to make. Yet another family-friendly, hassle-free meal, courtesy of the LG NeoChef.