To all mamas everywhere, we want to thank you for all the feel-good meals, the comfort meals that always have us running home for mom’s speciality.
This day, we want to celebrate the simple favourites you make for yourself and your family, because they bring so much joy. And let’s face it we know your secret ingredient … whether your prepping lunch boxes, prepped afternoon snack, lazy Sunday meals or snacks made for social gatherings you always make sure to add some B-well goodness to the table.
These are the little indulgences that quietly say ‘I love you’. B-well has just the perfect recipe to spoil your mom on Mother’s Day … a scrumptious golden milk tart. Yum!
You’ll need: For the crust – 1 cup all-purpose flour/ gluten-free flour, sifted; 1 tsp cinnamon; ¼ tsp ground nutmeg; a pinch of salt; 4 Tbsp Nuts About Cooking Coconut oil, melted; 3 Tbsp agave syrup/ rice malt syrup /maple syrup
For the filling – 2 ½ Tbsp corn flour; 3-4 Tbsp rice malt syrup/ maple syrup; 2 ½ cups milk (soy/ almond/ coconut); 1 tsp vanilla essence; ½ tsp Turmeric powder; 1 tsp ginger, finely minced; 1 pinch fine black pepper; 1 tsp cinnamon
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the agave/ maple/ rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil, and begin mixing.
- Once everything has combined, use your hands to mix the mixture crumbling it in between your fingers.
- When it is fully combined, place in a pie dish greased with baking spray/ coconut oil. Press the mixture firmly down, and up the sides to create an even crust around the whole dish.
- Poke a few holes into the crust with a fork, and put it into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Once golden and brown remove and set aside to cool.
For the filling:
- In a medium pot, bring 1 ½ cups of your plant milk to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and agave/maple/rice malt syrup. Stir thoroughly.
- In a separate little bowl, mix the cornflour, turmeric, ½ tsp cinnamon, pinch of black pepper, minced ginger and 1 cup of plant milk until smooth and no lumps are visible.
- Add this mixture to the pot and on a low heat stir until thick. This may take roughly 3-5 minutes but do take caution as corn flour can be sensitive to heat, so ensure the stove is on low heat (make sure to not scrape the bottom of the pot when whisking).
- Once thickened, remove from heat and allow cooling for a few minutes. Gently pour the mixture onto the crust evenly, and dust with cinnamon.
- Allow setting in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
How to win big with B-well:
There’s a whopping R150 000 grand prize and your share of R50 000 to be won!
To enter follow these simple steps: 👇
- Buy your favourite B-well product.
- Take a photo of yourself with your B-well product.
- Send the pic on ANY of B-well’s social media platforms, @bwellfoods on Facebook and Insta or WhatsApp 060 582 3678 along with your name and contact number.