EXPECT all things bridal and inspirational to make your wedding day the most romantic, exciting and unforgettable day of your life at the Wedding Expo, in partnership with Old Mutual, which takes place on 3 and 4 August at Sibaya Sun Park, Durban.
From perfect wedding stationery to beautiful blooms, breathtaking gowns, gorgeous jewellery, inspiring table décor, top photographers, superb caterers, professional financial and legal offerings and of course wonderful honeymoon options – with many discounted deals on offer – the show has it all.
“Our goal is to ensure that our visitors are able to find everything that they need all under one roof, making the entire planning process as easy, enjoyable and hassle-free as possible. Whether you’re planning an intimate, bespoke gathering or a large, glamorous event, you’ll find the most up-to-date inspiration and products to help you create a dream wedding,” says says Amanda Cunningham, The Wedding Expo’s Managing Director.
Priya Naicker, Head of Strategic Retail Marketing at Old Mutual Personal Finance, says “We’re excited to engage with couples about to get married, and give them financial advice for not only their wedding, but their life-long journey together. It’s vital for couples to invest time and money in not just creating a sensational wedding, but also building foundations and creating financial wellbeing and stability during their marriage.”
Some of the highlights you can expect at the Wedding Expo include:
- Win a Wedding competition worth R88 000 including:
– A honeymoon courtesy of Flight Centre
- A Wedding venue at St Ives
- Wedding photography from Vermeulen Photography
- Cake-tasting station
- Daily fashion features showcasing the latest bridal trends
- Be My Guest” table inspiration competition
- OldMutual WedTalks – Inspiration and advice from the vendors at The Wedding Expo
- The not-to-be-missed Hirsch’s cook-off where four couples will battle it out each day showing off their culinary skills to win their share of kitchen appliances from Hirsch’s Homestore. To enter, send a photo of you and your partner along with your engagement story in a short paragraph to on Facebook: MargaretHirschSA
- Delicious cocktails and food on offer
It’s a must-visit for anyone planning a wedding. Tickets cost R100 per adult and R30 per child (3 -12 years) available from www.wedding-expo.co.za or at the door. The expo is open daily from 9am to 5pm. Visit www.wedding-expo.co.za for more information
WIN: We are giving away five double tickets to The Wedding Expo. To enter you MUST like and share our Get It Durban Facebook page, as well as this post. Send your entry, with your full contact details (name, address and cell number) to [email protected] before 1 August. Make sure you include the name of the competition in the subject box.