Looking for some dinner inspriation? Well, we’ve got a perfect pasta and wine pairing for you to try. This creamy smoked chicken and chive pasta pairs wonderfully with the new Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018. It’s a winning combination and a standout dinner for two.
Creamy Smoked Chicken & Chive Pasta for two, served with Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018
- 15 ml olive oil
- Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced (reserve some for serving)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 medium size smoked chicken breasts (sliced)
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 10 ml wholegrain mustard
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Generous handful French chives, chopped (reserve some for serving)
- About 200 g pasta of your choice, freshly boiled & drained
- In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the spring onions and garlic over medium heat until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the cream and mustard. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in half the chives.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat, then remove from the heat at once.
- Serve hot, scattered with more spring onions and the rest of the chives.
- Pair with Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018.
Made with grapes sourced from the Tygerberg Hills, this lightly-wooded wine has aromas of ruby grapefruit, mango and citrus with undertones of raw almond. The creamy palate offers fresh citrus and nectarine notes with well-integrated vanilla on the finish. Enjoy with pork chops, roast chicken, creamy mushroom pasta – and, of course, seafood.
The Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018 retails for R110 a bottle and is at leading liquor outlets nationwide.