Leading oral care company Ivohealth is proud to introduce Balene, a revolutionary double-sided toothbrush from Spain, designed to efficiently clean the inside and the outside of the teeth at the same time.
The product is backed by clinical research, including the most recent study published in the International Journal of Dental Hygiene, which demonstrates Balene’s remarkable efficacy in removing plaque and promoting good oral hygiene.
South African dentist, Dr Stephné Fenwick, clinical advisor to Ivohealth, is impressed and says: “Balene is a breakthrough for patients who struggle to brush correctly. In practice we often see plaque build-up, cavities and decay where people don’t brush effectively. Balene is the ideal solution; it brushes the inside, outside and chewing surfaces of the teeth at the same time.”
Who is Balene for?
Balene is suitable for all adults and children, aged six years and above. It is particularly beneficial when:
- You have limited time to brush correctly. Dental professionals recommend you brush for a full two minutes a day, twice a day.
- You struggle with fine motor skills, have limited dexterity or challenges that make it difficult for you to reach all the areas of your mouth.
- You are assisting someone to take care of their teeth.
- Children are still learning to brush their teeth correctly.
Oral hygienist Dirna Grobbelaar says this toothbrush is ideal for parents, nurses and caregivers. “Balene is perfect to use when you brush someone else’s teeth. It removes plaque from all surfaces quickly, giving a deep and thorough clean in less time.”
It can also be used with implants and orthodontic braces.
How Balene works
- The product has an innovative dual-sided head that embraces the teeth, brushing the inside and outside of teeth simultaneously, meaning a better clean in less time.
- The head rotates 180° independently of the handle, so it’s easy to move the brush to all corners of the mouth.
- The soft, round tipped bristles are angled at 45° to gently clean under the gumline, in line with the bass brushing technique recommended by dental professionals.
- The antibacterial Tyflex bristles help ensure a hygienic brushing experience. They also last twice as long as conventional nylon bristles.
- Watch how Balene works in this video.
Where to find Balene
Balene manual toothbrushes (for adults and children aged 12 years and older) and Balene Junior (for children aged 6 to 11 years) come in a range of vibrant colours at a recommended retail price of R350.
Available from Dis-Chem stores, online at www.dischem.co.za as well as selected pharmacies and dental practices (in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe).