The festive season always brings with it the merriest of memories, including entertaining and often the occassional overnight guests. With only a few weeks to go, Elbe Truter, buying manager for Volpes and Biggie Best, suggests these tips to create a luxurious and indulgent guest room for friends and family, that will make them feel welcome and right at home.
- There really is no better feeling than getting into a bed with fresh, clean, cotton sheets and linen. Cotton is a pure, natural, good-quality material that is breathable and will keep you cool in summer. Add a touch of luxury and opulence with exquisitely smooth, soft touch 300-thread count Egyptian cotton duvet cover sets as an added spoil for guests.
- Quality duvet inners and pillows keep you warm in winter and cool in summer and the correct inner will ensure a good night’s rest.
- Declutter the tops of chests and tables so guests have place to put their necessities. Ensure there is adequate storage by adding a few baskets in varying sizes to the room to keep it multi-functional and organised.
- Put some fresh flowers, a plant or a sprig of holiday greenery in the room. A comfortable chair is a must for reading, relaxing or simply retreating. As an added touch, add a stack of your favourite books or recent magazines for guests to enjoy.
- Remember to consider your curtains. Blockout curtains eliminate most light, help to reduce noise and keep rooms cool in summer, and will let guests enjoy the treat of sleeping in. If you want to add some detail to a room, sheer curtains and voile are the way to go.
- If your guest bedroom has its own bathroom, then consider dressing up your bathroom for holidays. Provide plush, clean towels and bath mats and use room fragrances and candles to make the space more inviting.
- Complete your luxury guest room experience by adding finishing touches to the space such as bedside lamps, a textured throw and colourful scatters.
Your guests may never want to leave!
For more information http://www.volpes.co.za