Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 25 g Woolworths enchilada spice
- 2 x 400 g cans cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400 g free-range mini skinless chicken breasts
- 1 x 400 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 wraps, lightly toasted
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
- Woolworths basil pesto, for serving
- fresh coriander, torn, for serving
- Preheat the oven 200°C. Fry the garlic in 2 T olive oil until golden brown, then add 1 T enchilada spice and fry for 30 seconds. Add the canned tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Lightly coat the chicken strips in the remaining enchilada spice. Flash-fry the chicken in a hot pan in a little oil until golden, but not cooked all the way through. Remove from the heat and start to assemble your enchiladas.
- Divide the chicken and kidney beans between the wraps and top each one with two-thirds of the tomato sauce. Roll up each wrap tightly and arrange snugly into a small ovenproof dish.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce and lots of grated mozzarella. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the wraps start to colour and the cheese melts. Finish under the grill for 1–2 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve hot with the basil pesto and fresh coriander.
- Advertisement -